• 216 642 3131
  • clevelandrbc@gmail.com
  • 581 E Ridgewood Dr., Seven Hills, OH, 44131

Our history

The Romanian Baptist Church of Cleveland, the beacon of Romanian Christian identity in far- flung America, has given the crowning glory of its existence and has left the birth of faith, the landmarks of faith, and the coordinating traces of fulfillment with a role of great importance in society during its 112 years of existence.

The Romanian Baptist Church of Cleveland, was and is the place of worship, praise and glory to God, the altar of the proclamation of the Word of God, to call and direct the souls of men in the way of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Church of Cleveland has been and will remain an active, constructive, and determining link in the various structures of the social fabric, and a home of refuge and hope for a bright future for the thousands of sojourners who have come to these shores in the more than a century of its existence.

1910

The Romanian Baptist Church of Cleveland was founded in the spring of 1910 by Rev.A Louis Avram Gredys (1910-1914) a Romanian of Jewish descent, as notified in the monthly newsletter, “Letter of Hebrew Christian Evangelization Society of Cleveland” in 1911. The motto of his ministry was… "And you may have a new beginning with the Lord Jesus" inspired by I Cor. 3:11. Pastor L. A. Gredys, served the Cleveland church until the end of 1914, when he moved as pastor to the Romanian Baptist Church in Akron Ohio. He would serve there until 1919, when he took over the pastorate of the Romanian Baptist Church in Detroit.

Louis Avram Gredys (1910 - 1914 )

1914

Beginning in December 1914, the pastorate of the Cleveland Church was taken over by Rev. Michael Farc (1914-1939) who had as his motto of ministry. "Every soul is of value in the sight of God".Inspired by Rom. 10:13. In this period the Romanian Baptist Church of Cleveland on 57th Street was built and in 1939 he moved as pastor to the Romanian Baptist Church of Aurora, Illinois.

Mihai Farc (1914 - 1939)

Rev. Mihai Farc and his family 1926

Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland. 1922

1939

After 1939, Danila Pascu became the pastor of the Cleveland church (1939-1975) whose motto for ministry was "If you want, you too can be a man of God". Inspired by Daniel 11:32. In his 36 years of ministry, Pastor Danila Pascu, was the founder of the Romanian Radio Hour, spreading the Word of the Gospel for 35 years through the radio station WGAR, 1480 KC.In the church, King Michael I and Dumitru Cornielescu were guests of honor. Together with Senator Frank Laushe and Congressman Michael Feighan, Pastor Danila Pascu, succeeded in introducing a clause in the immigration law which provided that "the integration of families should be a priority", a law which later in 1965 was voted by Congress and then signed by President Lyndon B. Of major importance was the Messiah Choir, with musician George O. Poinar as conductor, and the Cleveland Romanian Garden at CWR University, where Pastor Danala Pascu was the founder.

Dănilă Pascu (1939- 1975)

Choir of the Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland, 1941

King Mihai I of Romania, visiting the Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland 1948

King Mihai I signs the Bible on the pulpit of the church. Cleveland. 1948

Romanian-American delegation with President Harry J. Truman, 1952

Dr. Dumitru Cornilescu with his wife in Cleveland. 1965

1975

On April 1, 1975, he was elected as pastor of the Rev. Petru Floruta Church (1975-1985) which had as the motto of its ministry the words: "Only the grace of God is sufficient for you..." inspired by Romanians 6:1. In the 10 years of Pastor Petru Floruta's ministry, the Cleveland Church sponsored dozens of families in Romania and in refugee camps in Europe. In 1983, the Cleveland Church had as guests Rev. Richard Wurmbrand and his wife, and Rev. Liviu Olah. He maintained a good collaboration with the Romanian Christian Committee for the Defense of Religious Liberty (ALRC) and Rev. George Crisan of Washington, D.C., in defense of the persecuted brethren in Romania.

Petru Floruţa (1975-1985)

Rev. Petru Floruţa with his family. 1972

New Testament baptism. Rev. Petru Floruţa Cleveland. 1980

New Testament Baptism, Rev. Petru Floruţa. Cleveland 1984

1985

In November 1985, the pastoral ministry of the Cleveland church was taken over by Rev. Ioan Daduica (1985-1991) with the motto: "Be faithful only to the work entrusted to you by the Lord". Inspired by Ps.1:3. During this period, the old church building on 57th Street was sold and a new building was bought at 3333 Pleasant Valley Rd in Parma Ohio. The church continued to provide support and help to persecuted Christians in Romania, and on August 22-24, 1987, the church together with the President of the Romanian Baptist Association, Dr. Alexa Popovici, attended the Congress of Free Romanians, which was held in Cleveland, with Romanian diplomat Ion Ratiu as president.

Ioan Dăduică ( 1985-1991)

Young people and children in the church service program. December 1985

New Testament baptism, Rev. Ioan Dăduică. Cleveland 1987

Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland, May 1988

1991

On November 17, 1991, Rev. Filip Mircea (1991-1996) is installed as pastor of the church. The motto of his ministry was. "Faith gives you wings to fly above troubles, accept it and do not delay", having as inspiration Hebrews 11:1. The mobilizing impact and gifting of Pastor Filip Mircea, along with the input of the church, made many young people in the church and outside the church decide to receive a new testament (nouthetic) baptism, and then the missionary spirit was revitalized through the founding of Country Side Mission, the mission of the Church of Cleveland, which over the years would have a great impact in the missionary work in Romania. In 1993, the church had as guests the Romanian dignitaries Ioan Alexandru and Petru Dugulescu, and in 1995 the Romanian linguist Gheorghe Petre Barlea.

Mircea Filip (1991-1996)

The special installation service of Pastor Mircea Filip. Cleveland 1991

New Testament baptism, Rev. Filip Mircea. Cleveland 1992

New Testament baptism with Rev. Filip Mircea, Cleveland July 10, 1994

1996

In 1996, the ministry of the Cleveland church was taken over by Dr. Titus Coltea (1996-1997) whose motto was. "The Word of God is the Supreme Law, memorize it". Inspiration Col. 3:16. Although he only lasted a year, the theme of his sermons entitled The Power of the Word and the Christian Vision had a decisive impact on the life of the church. Also through Dr. Coltea, the church met Dr. Sammy Tippit, an American evangelist of importance for Romania and the Romanians in the Diaspora. Also in 1996, the church in Cleveland opened a radio program, entitled Romanian Christian Voice, through the radio station WCCD-1000 in Cleveland.

Titus Colţea, 1996-1997

Recorded: Preaching Righteousness, Dr. Titus Colţea 1996

New Testament baptism. Dr. Titus Colţea and Dr. Sammy Tippit, Cleveland 1996

1997

In the fall of 1997, the church elected Rev. Titus Mihet (1997-2004) as pastor. "Let us be seen as servants of Jesus Christ, as teachers of the mysteries of God". Inspired by Cor.4:1. During the seven years of ministry, Pastor Mihet and the committee reorganized the Church Bylaws, sold the church building at 3333 Pleasant Valley Rd and purchased the current location at 581 E. Ridgewood Dr in Seven Hills. During this time the church was blessed with a large youth, approx. 60 youth of the church, who throughout their spiritual growth and formation were exposed in an organized manner to the church at various programs and events, to name a few: The Association's Annual Youth Missionary Conference in Cleveland, Sponsorship of the Bucharest Orthodox Seminary Choir, the Romanian Parliamentary and Academic Delegation, the Romanian American Academy of Arts and Sciences, The Beauty of a Nation, etc., all of which have had an impact in the evangelization and formation of the younger generation.

Titus Miheţ (1997-2004)

New Testament baptism. Rev. Titus Miheţ, Cleveland. 2000

Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland, Missionary Conference. 2002

The beauty of a nation, the choir of the Church. Rev. Titus Miheţ and conductor T. Chira. 2002

The Romanian Baptist Church of Cleveland, Rev. Titus Miheţ Cleveland 2001

Pastors on the occasion of the celebration from left to right:
Cruceru Marius, Paul Dan, Negruţ Paul, Miheţ Titus, Peshel Sandu Tudor, Clintoc Viorel, Cleveland 2002

The youth of the church together with the pastors T. Miheţ and D. Paul with their wives. 2003

Cleveland Church Choir. In front of the pastors T. Miheţ and D. Paul with their wives. 2003

The church committee together with pastors T. Miheţ and D. Paul 2003

2002

On April 28, 2002, in the church is ordained as pastor, along with Pastor Titus Mihet, Brother Dan Paul (2002-present). His motto in his 20 years of ministry was and is: "Keep the faith that was once for all given to the unbelievers" inspired by Jude 1:3. During this period the church has had several important events, pointing out just a few: The 2005 International Concert of Praise and Worship, Collaboration, with Sen. Viorel Duca and the Deputy Dr. Valentin S. Bosneac, together with the Orchestra and Choir of the Maranata Church of Hunedoara 2006, the Baptist Theological Seminary of the Association 2008, the Centenary of the Baptist Church of Cleveland 2010, the 100th Congress of the Romanian Baptist Association of USA and Canada 2012, when Pastor Dan Paul was the President of the Association, the Pastoral Choir of Banatul Montan Romania 2014, etc.

Dan Paul 2002- Present

Pastors Dan Paul and Titus Miheţ, together with their wives. 2002

Pastor Dan Paul and the church servants. Cleveland 2005

Pastor Dan Paul and the Church Committee, Cleveland 2005

Cleveland Church Choir, conductor Flavius Philip, Cleveland Dec. 2005

Baptism in Cleveland, Pastor Dan Paul, Cleveland 2006

Pastor Dan Paul and his wife on the occasion of the Centenary, 2010

The church choir, on the occasion of the centenary. Conductor Titus Chira 2010

Church Committee, with Pastor Dan Paul, Cleveland 2010

The choir and the ministers of the Church on the occasion of the centenary of 2010

The choir and the ministers of the Church on the occasion of the centenary of 2010

The 100th anniversary of the Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland. 1910-2010

Pastor Dan Paul with a group of servants at the 2010 Cleveland Anniversary

New Testament baptism, Pastor Dan Paul. Cleveland 2010

Mixed church choir, conductor Dan Moga. Cleveland. 21 Dec 2014

Youth of the Romanian Baptist Church in Cleveland December 21, 2014

2022

The Cleveland church on February 27, 2022, elects as assistant pastor to Pastor Dan Paul, Brother Ionut Veres (2022-present) a young man equipped and talented in the ministry of the Cleveland church.

Ioan Vereș with his family, Cleveland 2022

Petru Cocîrțeu, Cleveland, Ohio, 28 Aprilie 2022

  • Location

    581 E Ridgewood Dr., Seven Hills, OH, 44131

  • Line Phone

    +216 642 3131

  • Email

    clevelandrbc@gmail.com